Why Every Ontario Employer Should Participate in the WSIB Excellence Program
Workplace injuries affect all business sectors, it’s not only in the high-risk industries such as construction and manufacturing. In 2018, the WSIB reported that 74 people lost their lives at work and accepted over 64,000 claims related to time off work as a result of a workplace injury or disease.
What is the WSIB Excellence Program?
In Ontario, the newly launched Excellence program changes how WSIB works with employers to instill a company-wide culture of health and safety in order to develop a safer and prosperous province.
The goal of this program is to reward its safest employers and make available up to $250,0000 in rebates on an annual basis, with restrictions, to each of the current 300,000+ Ontario employers. This incentive-based program is the first of its kind in Canada, replacing Safety Group, SCAP programs previously in place. The program makes available $140 million is premium savings to Ontario employers.
5 Reasons Why an Employer Should Join the Program
- The program totally changes how WSIB works with employers by rewarding its safest employers and making available rebates up to 75% of their WSIB premium.
- The program is a simple and fair roadmap for all Ontario employers. From small business to large corporations, the program helps employers strive for health, safety and wellness excellence.
- The pace of the journey is flexible for employers in terms of timelines, goals and immediate cost savings.
- The program is well organized and easy to start. The exact plan or order in which an employer completes the program modules is between the employer and the provider It begins with health and safety foundational building blocks and then moves onto intermediate and more advanced topics to achieve excellence.
- The journey is yours: It’s a framework that uniquely fits each company’s health and safety vision.
Where Do We Begin?
Familiarize yourself with the guidelines: https://www.wsib.ca/sites/default/files/2019-10/program_guidelines.pdf
Calculate your Rebates: https://www.wsib.ca/en/health-and-safety-excellence-program-achieve-earn-rebates-and-recognition
Attend a free WSIB Excellence Information Session near you: https://www.wsib.ca/en/health-and-safety-excellence-program-stay-connected
Contributed by SOS First Aid and Safety Training
Learn the skills and use the tools you need during your health and safety excellence journey. Develop and safety culture, progress your career by developing new health and safety skills, get First Aid and CPR certifications, build employee resiliency during high stress workplace situations, implement an effective health and safety management system, or simply advance your knowledge for everyday life skills. Whatever the reason, SOS First Aid (www.sosfirstaid.ca) offers solutions that may align within your unique health and safety journey.
In business since 2004 and a former Oakville Small Business Award recipient, SOS First Aid (SOS) has developed into one of the top Red Cross Training Partners in Canada. We can help you on your WSIB Excellence journey, ask us how? SOS provides comprehensive, high quality health and safety programs that apply AT WORK…IN THE COMMUNITY and AT HOME.
To learn more contact Mario Sacco at 905-844-9813 x104 or email Mario.Sacco@sosfirstaid.ca