The Oakville Chamber of Commerce Member Benefits
Use of Chamber Logo
Group Insurance Plan –
Real benefits for your business
Next to their salary, most employees feel benefit coverage is the most important thing their employer can offer. That’s why more than 30,000 business owners choose to provide benefits through the Chambers Plan. The Chamber’s Group Insurance Plan covers all the essentials.
- Dental to Critical Illness Insurance
- Online Wellness Support
- Health Spending Accounts
- Guaranteed Coverage and Renewal
- Stable Rates
You don’t need to be a Human Resource expert to administer the program. Your local advisor and the people behind the Chambers Plan will take the time to explain and be flexible. Get a free quote from the Hynek Financial Group at www.hfgb.ca or email email@example.com
Certificate of Origin
The Chamber can certify a variety of your documents including, Certificates of Origin, commercial invoices, and letters for business visas. We are pleased to offer this service free to Oakville Chamber Members.
To have a document certified, please do the following:
- Have a lawyer or commissioner of oaths sign the document certification form
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment
Please note that during the Provincial Lockdown, this service is on hold.
The Oakville Chamber boardroom is available for complimentary use by Chamber members who require a professional setting for meetings during the hours:
Monday to Thursday – 9:00am to 4:30pm Friday – 9:00am to 3:00pm. The boardroom accommodates up to 18 guests (A/V is also available).
Meeting Room Guidelines:
- The meeting room may be used by Chamber members subject to availability on a first come first serve basis. Unless preauthorized by Chamber staff, use of the facility is limited to once per month. The Chamber reserves the right to further restrict the use of the facility.
- All groups must check in and out of the facility with a Chamber staff member.
- Use of the room must not interfere with the daily work of the Chamber staff.
- No entrance fee may be charged nor may contributions be solicited.
- Smoking and/or use of alcoholic beverages in the meeting rooms are prohibited.
- If food or refreshments are required, it must be provided by a Chamber member. We can provide you with a list of member suppliers. Groups using the rooms must provide all equipment and utensils needed.
- If additional equipment will be brought in, i.e. camera, projector, etc., the Chamber must be made aware in advance.
- Groups using the room are responsible for setting up and taking down equipment and leaving the room in order. Any rearrangement or reconfiguration of the furniture or equipment must be preauthorized by Chamber staff.
- The meeting room may be used only when a Chamber staff member is present in the facility.
- The Chamber is not responsible for articles left in any part of the building.
- Please let Chamber staff know if you require use of the projector and screen. Please bring your own laptop and HDMI adaptor cables and presentation remote.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule a booking due to unforeseen circumstances.
Promote your business to the Oakville Chamber’s expansive network!
There are a number of advertising and promotional opportunities available to businesses of all sizes.
The Business Advocate Online (BAOL)
The BAOL is the Oakville Chamber’s electronic newsletter that is sent weekly to over 2,000 subscribers, informing them of upcoming events, latest news items, and member announcements. Interested in reaching this vast network? To enquire about advertising opportunities please contact Shane Cullis at 905-510-0033 or email@example.com.
Member News & Announcements
Share the latest news about your organization! We love to share member news in the Business Advocate Magazine, the BAOL, and our social media channels at no cost!
Examples of news items we share:
- Featured in the news or mentioned in an article
- Staff receiving any special recognition/awards/
achievements/appointments (e.g. on a Board of Directors, or receiving a special designation)
- Job postings
- Celebrating a special milestone in business (5, 10, 20 years, etc.)
- Giving back to the community
Please send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the Oakville Chamber has the final editorial right to what is published.
Members are also encouraged to join the Oakville Chamber of Commerce Group on LinkedIn. This forum is for members to meet online, discuss ideas, and share their news! You’ll also receive updates from Oakville Chamber staff. Join now!
Members can advertise on the website for exposure to over 1,400 viewers per month. Two advertisement sizes are available. To enquire about advertising opportunities please contact Shane Cullis at 905-845-6613 x 204 or email@example.com.
Use of Chamber Logo
Display your Oakville Chamber of Commerce membership to your customers and the larger business community. All members are encouraged to use the logo on marketing material, both print and digital. Use of the logo by non-members is strictly prohibited. The Oakville Chamber logo can be linked to the Oakville Chamber website at www.oakvillechamber.com. Members are not permitted to link the logo to any other website address.
The Oakville Chamber is always looking to keep our members updated and informed on the newest business techniques whether it’s selling strategies, marketing plans, advanced business planning, and other important developments and skills you might need when growing your business.
With specialized series like Meet the Members, our members have a chance to learn what it takes to keep you and your business ahead of the curve.
Meet the Members is an opportunity for you to share content with your fellow Oakville Chamber members. Whether it’s an interesting topic, or some tips & tricks, the Chamber team will record, edit, and distribute your Q&A video across our social networks!
Contact our Director of Operations & Events, firstname.lastname@example.org, to learn more, and book your spot today!
Clover, a First Data Company
Grow your business with Clover
Clover, a First Data Company (NASDAQ: FISV), is the fastest growing established payments and point-of-sale platform, with more than 1.5 million devices shipped globally. First Data provides simple, affordable, and transparent pricing. If we cannot beat a member’s current processing fees, the member will earn a $1,000 Visa® gift card.
For a limited time, we are offering members a $300 rebate to switch their payment processing to First Data.
Esso Business Card Program
A fuel discount ($0.035 per litre) is offered to members at all Canadian ESSO-branded service stations
The Esso Business Card Program gives you exceptional fuel savings, powerful yet easy-to-use fuel management tools. Plus Oakville Chamber of Commerce members receive 3.5cents per litre discount regardless of volume. Pick the degree of control and reporting that’s right for your business. Learn more.
To sign-up for the program, or to learn more, please contact:
Grand & Toy Benefit Program
Save up to 25% off over 7,500 quality office products.
Grand & Toy provides real value to Chamber of Commerce members Canada wide. We provide business with easy and convenient ways to purchase products and solutions. With the Chamber’s purchasing power, members save on average up to 25% off competitor pricing, have access to fantastic paper prices, and receive preferred pricing on select categories including office supplies, coffee and tech accessories.
Sign up for an account right away at grandandtoy.com/chambersignup. Become a member today and save 10% off your first purchase of $100 or more. Use promo code 15CHSAV.
UPS Benefit Program
By enrolling in our UPS® Savings Program you can start saving 40% today – no matter how much you ship, when you ship, or where it’s going!
Let the experts at UPS® help manage your shipping and supply chain needs so that you can focus on the things that will support growth –things like innovation, sales, and service.
*all eligible shipping services to include domestic and international imports and exports.
Magnet Hiring Tool
Connect to the right talent through Magnet, a network powered by a data-rich job-matching technology.
Both Job Seekers and Employers create a profile — Job Seekers outline their experience, education, skills, and work preferences, while Employers create a business profile and craft a detailed job post. On the back-end, both Seekers and Employers are tapping into the same keyword database to complete their profiles. This is how talent matching happens in the back-end. Learn more about the platform.
Discover Ability Network
Connects Halton-Peel employers to an under-tapped talent pool
The Discover Ability Network offers a free job-matching platform to help you find the best candidates with disabilities for your job openings. Their free online workshops provide you with the knowledge and confidence to hire and retain persons with disabilities in your workplace. Access resources, such as the inclusive hiring roadmap and post a job on the job-matching platform.
Are you ready to become a more inclusive employer? Join the Discover Ability Network.