Their responses are included below in alphabetical order by last name (as seen on the Elections Canada ballot).
To learn more about the Canadian Chamber of Commerce priorities for this election, check out Vote Prosperity.
Liberal Party of Canada
Oakville’s businesses drive job creation, and government can support their efforts to create jobs. Since 2015, unemployment has fallen to historic lows, and our community has a strong record of economic growth. Canadian families now have one of the lowest effective tax rates in the OECD and the lowest in the G7. A re-elected Liberal government will make it more affordable for businesses to move forward, grow and create more good jobs.
New Democratic Party of Canada
No response received.
Green Party of Canada
No response received.
Gilbert Joseph Jubinville
People’s Party of Canada
People’s Party of Canada free and open market policies are based on 4 core values.
- Balance the budget within two years
- Cut federal tax to 15% on income between $15,001 and $100,000, and 25% tax rate on income above $100,000
- Abolish the Capital Gains Tax.
- We will consider creating a Minister of Regulatory Efficiency responsible for regulatory oversight at the Treasury.
- Establishment of individual property rights on reserves.
- Phase out the supply management system over a number of years
- Allow Canada’s dairy, egg and poultry farmers to sell their products internationally.
- Reduce the total amount of equalization payments to provinces.
- Establish a parliamentary committee to review and make recommendations on a new formula
- Reassert the authority and leadership of the federal government on internal trade.
- Use section 91(2) of the Constitution, which gives Ottawa exclusive power to regulate matters of international and interprovincial trade.
- Appoint a Minister of Internal Trade
Small and mid size business
- Permanently expand the accelerated capital cost allowance to all sectors
- Drop Corporate Income Tax to 10%
- Abolish the Carbon tax and no Cap & Trade.
- Abolish the CRTC. Open and Free Markets will increase competition
- Reform the immigration point system and the related programs to accept a larger proportion of economic immigrants with the right skills
Conservative Party of Canada
Small and medium sized businesses are the bedrock of many communities. As I have been knocking on doors, speaking to the residents and business owners of Oakville North–Burlington, one thing has remained clear, life is more expensive and complicated under Justin Trudeau. Trudeau’s never-ending tax hikes and new regulations are making it harder to operate and grow local businesses. His job-killing carbon tax, increased CPP and EI premiums, and changes to the small business tax regime all negatively impact thousands of local businesses.
The Liberal government attacked local businesses to pay for their out-of-control spending. Despite a massive backlash across the country, including in Oakville, Justin Trudeau steamrolled ahead, claiming that business owners were just rich tax cheats. The Liberals complex tax grab would penalize family businesses for sharing earnings and work with family members.
A new Conservative government will understand the critical role you as a business owner plays in our community and we will help you get ahead. Specifically, we will:
- Repeal Trudeau’s tax increases on small business investments
- Exempt spouses from tax increases on small business dividends
- Make it easier to navigate Canada’s tax system and the Canada Revenue Agency
- Reduce federal regulations by 25 per cent
- Implement a 2-for-1 rule for new regulations
- Assign a Minister to lead red tape reduction efforts
- Champion Canada’s small businesses to the world
I am running to champion the residents and businesses of Oakville North – Burlington so they can get ahead, not just get by.