The Oakville Awards for Business Excellence (OABE), hosted by the Oakville Chamber of Commerce in partnership with the Rotary Club of Oakville West, is now accepting nominations for the awards, now in its 25th year.
The OABE is dedicated to recognizing exemplary models of excellence and community service by Oakville’s businesses.
“The Oakville Awards for Business Excellence has been celebrating the contributions businesses make to our community for 25 years” stated Tim Caddigan, Chair of the Board, Oakville Chamber of Commerce. “Take a moment to nominate a business that stands out as a leader, and ultimately makes Oakville a better place to work, live and play.”
The 25th Annual OABE award categories open for nomination are:
- RBC Royal Bank Large Business of the Year: This award recognizes a business of more than 20 employees and/or primarily serves the provincial, national and international markets and/or generates approximately $10 million or more in revenue annually.
- Bell Mid-size Business of the Year: This award recognizes a business of 5-20 employees and/or primarily serves the regional/provincial markets and/or generates between $2 million-$10 million in revenue annually.
- Henderson Partners LLP Small Business of the Year: This award recognizes a business of 1-5 full time equivalent employees and/or primarily serves Oakville and district and/or generates up to approximately $2 million in revenue annually.
- Professional Services Provider of the Year: This award recognizes a person or employee team with a professional designation and whose practice is regulated by a provincial regulatory body within Canada. Nominees will be considered from the following professional categories (but not limited to): Legal, Accounting, Engineering, Medical or Dental, Financial, Human Resources.
- The Morris Mercanti Service Industry Award: This award recognizes a business that primarily earns revenue through providing products and services. Nominees will be considered from the following industries but not limited to: retail, food service, health & wellness and education.
- KPMG Entrepreneur of the Year:This award recognizes an individual who personally exhibits extraordinary entrepreneurship, energy, inspiration, leadership and / or innovation in their business pursuits.
- Young Professional or Entrepreneur of the Year (YPEG Award): This award recognizes an individual who personally exhibits extraordinary energy, inspiration, leadership and / or innovation in their business pursuits. Nominees must be under the age of 40 (as of December 31, 2019).
Nominations will be accepted until 4pm EST on Thursday, October 31st.
All nominations submitted will be reviewed by a panel of expert judges rating them against criteria set for each category.The Judges are individuals from the professional community who bring a wealth of professional expertise and unique business experiences, having made significant contributions to their own professions.
The Oakville Awards for Business Excellence culminates in a gala dinner and award ceremony in April 2020. The proceeds from the evening, including the considerable support from our Partners, provide funds for the Rotary Club’s youth and academic programs.
“Since its inception in 1995, the OABE has raised almost $1,000,000 for these programs which include the Oakville Rotary Education Awards, Camp Enterprise, the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards, Dreams Take Flight, and the Notting Hill Youth Centre in Glen Abbey” stated Khal Zaid-Kaylani, President of the Rotary Club of Oakville West.
To be eligible for nomination, organizations must be physically located in the Town of Oakville and cannot have won in any judged category in the last five years. A complete list of category criteria and eligibility rules can be found here.
Alternatively, forms are available at the Oakville Chamber of Commerce. For assistance, please call Karen Pomfret at 905-845-6613 ext. 210 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.