We’re hiring: Digital Media & Communications Lead
The award-winning Oakville Chamber of Commerce is seeking a polished and passionate communicator who is savvy with social media platforms to join our team. Responsibilities include strategic communications, social media management, media relations, content creation and website management. This position works collaboratively with the Chamber Team to best meet the needs of new and existing members.
Why join our team:
- Unlimited vacation
- Great benefits
- Half day Fridays in the summer
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
- Team celebration lunches
- Opportunity to meet business and political leaders from across the country
- Performance bonuses
- In collaboration with the Executive team, develop and execute integrated communication strategies that support the chamber’s organizational goals.
- Develop, write, and produce public relations, marketing and advertising material to build the chamber’s profile with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Research and collect information and data for content and communications strategy.
- Proofread and coordinate production of all communications materials.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the value of branding and positioning.
Social Media Management
- Develop and execute social media activities across multiple channels.
- Maintain and report monthly social media analytics.
- Maintain Hootsuite account to schedule social media posting to ensure regular posting.
- Attend events and produce live social media content.
- Support media relations including media list development and maintenance, drafting media materials and conducting outreach including advertising.
- Coordinate all media inquiries.
- Support President and/or Chair of the Board in crisis communications.
- Coordinate and confirm media attendance at all Chamber events.
- Coordinate and confirm photographers for Chamber events.
- Working with the President & CEO, oversee the production of the Chamber’s podcast, Members of the Chamber.
- Engage the membership and assist with the Livestream Lunch program on Facebook.
- Assist and manage event rollouts, including email communications, flyers, social media promotions, and post-event coverage.
- Lead email campaigns for Chamber events.
- Coordinate with the Executive Vice President on the weekly newsletter (BAOL).
- Manage the development, editorial process, and lifecycle for the print magazine.
- Manage and pursue the digital evolution of many of our communications and publications.
- Video & podcast editing skills are considered an asset.
Website Development and Maintenance
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the Chamber website in collaboration with external vendors.
- Update website with all events ensuring partnership branding commitments are met.
- Update website content: news releases, blog posts, videos, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external contacts.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, adapt to change, prioritize competing issues and manage diverse projects.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Excellent researching, communications, writing, reviewing and editing skills with the ability to compose internal and external communications.
- Continuous learner with the ability to remain current and develop strategies for change.
- Work evenings, if need be, to assist in executing events successfully