We're hiring: Digital Media & Communications Lead
June 14, 2021
Why join our team:
- Unlimited vacation
- Great benefits
- Half day Fridays in the summer
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
- Team celebration lunches
- Opportunity to meet business and political leaders from across the country
- Performance bonuses
- In collaboration with the Executive team, develop and execute integrated communication strategies that support the chamber’s organizational goals.
- Develop, write, and produce public relations, marketing and advertising material to build the chamber’s profile with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Research and collect information and data for content and communications strategy.
- Proofread and coordinate production of all communications materials.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the value of branding and positioning.
Social Media Management
- Develop and execute social media activities across multiple channels.
- Maintain and report monthly social media analytics.
- Maintain Hootsuite account to schedule social media posting to ensure regular posting.
- Attend events and produce live social media content.
- Support media relations including media list development and maintenance, drafting media materials and conducting outreach including advertising.
- Coordinate all media inquiries.
- Support President and/or Chair of the Board in crisis communications.
- Coordinate and confirm media attendance at all Chamber events.
- Coordinate and confirm photographers for Chamber events.
- Working with the President & CEO, oversee the production of the Chamber’s podcast, Members of the Chamber.
- Engage the membership and assist with the Livestream Lunch program on Facebook.
- Assist and manage event rollouts, including email communications, flyers, social media promotions, and post-event coverage.
- Lead email campaigns for Chamber events.
- Coordinate with the Executive Vice President on the weekly newsletter (BAOL).
- Manage the development, editorial process, and lifecycle for the print magazine.
- Manage and pursue the digital evolution of many of our communications and publications.
- Video & podcast editing skills are considered an asset.
Website Development and Maintenance
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the Chamber website in collaboration with external vendors.
- Update website with all events ensuring partnership branding commitments are met.
- Update website content: news releases, blog posts, videos, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external contacts.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, adapt to change, prioritize competing issues and manage diverse projects.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Excellent researching, communications, writing, reviewing and editing skills with the ability to compose internal and external communications.
- Continuous learner with the ability to remain current and develop strategies for change.
- Work evenings, if need be, to assist in executing events successfully