The Oakville Chamber of Commerce is hiring a Director, Membership Development
Position and Job Title
Job Title: Director, Membership Development
Hours: Full time, permanent
Reports to: President
Salary Range: $55/70,000
Location: 700 Kerr. St. suite 200, Oakville, Ontario
The award-winning Oakville Chamber of Commerce representative of 1,100 member businesses of all sizes and sectors is seeking a dynamic, high energy and self-motivated Director, Membership Development to join our team. Responsibilities include new member sales, up sells and membership retention as directed by the President. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator and have demonstrated sales experience in a member based organization. This position works collaboratively with the Chamber Team to best meet the needs of new and existing members.
Sales & Retention
- Identify prospective Chamber members and implement a monthly sales plan;
- Develop metrics with the President: sales, member visits, calls, and member conversions;
- Develop a thorough understanding of the various Chamber membership levels and the benefits each provides a business;
- Develop a retention strategy and work with Chamber Staff to strengthen membership renewal;
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the Chamber and its various programs and promote to the membership;
- Secure advertising revenue as per the Chamber’s approved sales target;
- Participate in various Chamber meetings, events and activities;
- Represent the Chamber at community events to enhance the Chamber brand within the community;
- Always represent the Chamber professionally and positively.
Preferred Background, Experience & Qualifications
- Assist with events as required;
- Database maintenance;
- Support Chamber advocacy work;
- Other duties as assigned by the President.
- Minimum three years outside sales experience;
- Membership sales and membership based organization experience preferred;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Experienced with Microsoft Office, Excel, Constant Contact, Database Programs and Social Media Channels;
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills.
- Highly motivated with B2B sales experience;
- Excellence in relationship building and relationship sales;
- Thorough knowledge of Oakville business community and Chamber;
- Ability to set and meet goals;
- Excellent selling and closing skills;
- Strong sales and prioritizing focus;
- Excellent follow up skills;
- Excellent networking skills.